Articles on this Page
- 05/04/14--11:09: _ Jai Courtney for “...
- 05/04/14--11:52: _nysters: Bikini 👙 ...
- 05/04/14--11:55: _profoundwithbacon: ...
- 05/04/14--12:37: _bethrevis: you cou...
- 05/04/14--12:39: _Photo
- 05/04/14--15:53: _Photo
- 05/05/14--05:47: _blackmaskdevil: Ja...
- 05/05/14--07:02: _"Stop insisting on ...
- 05/05/14--07:19: _versace: ✘✘✘ // Ʋe...
- 05/05/14--09:37: _Photo
- 05/05/14--21:19: _ Some of the most p...
- 05/07/14--07:12: _Photo
- 05/07/14--08:27: _Photo
- 05/07/14--08:31: _Photo
- 05/07/14--08:31: _cihnema: indie//gl...
- 05/07/14--08:33: _Photo
- 05/07/14--08:41: _skaloust: bygone-b...
- 05/07/14--09:59: _peaceful-moon: lau...
- 05/07/14--15:56: _Photo
- 05/07/14--15:59: _coachela: american...
- 05/04/14--11:09: Jai Courtney for “Da Man”
- 05/04/14--11:52: nysters: Bikini 👙 na We Heart It -...
- 05/04/14--11:55: profoundwithbacon: ealasaidh: mujertropical: gameshowstouchour...
- 05/04/14--12:37: bethrevis: you could kill a man in any of these dresses, and...
- 05/04/14--12:39: Photo
- 05/04/14--15:53: Photo
- 05/05/14--05:47: blackmaskdevil: Jai Courtney + Smiles on the Jimmy Kimmel Show...
- 05/05/14--07:19: versace: ✘✘✘ // Ʋersace
- 05/05/14--09:37: Photo
- 05/05/14--21:19: Some of the most powerful pictures of all time
- 05/07/14--07:12: Photo
- 05/07/14--08:27: Photo
- 05/07/14--08:31: Photo
- 05/07/14--08:31: cihnema: indie//glow//grunge
- 05/07/14--08:33: Photo
- 05/07/14--08:41: skaloust: bygone-beauty: Krikor Jabotian Akhtamar Collection...
- 05/07/14--09:59: peaceful-moon: laughing-trees: In this African tribe, when...
- 05/07/14--15:56: Photo
- 05/07/14--15:59: coachela: americangothgirl: During WWII, Irena got permission...
Jai Courtney for “Da Man”
Saw this picture on imgur and just had to post it here, because this is without a doubt, one of the most badass women alive. Meet Katrina Hodge, a corporal in the British Army and Miss England 2009. According to Wikipedia, she enlisted back in 2004 after her brother challenged her to and earned the nickname “Combat Barbie” after showing up at her assigned unit wearing false eyelashes, kitten heels (whatever those are) and carry a pink suitcase. In 2005 her unit, the Royal Anglian Regiment, was deployed to Iraq, where she saved the lives of her comrades from a prisoner by wrestling not one, but two rifles from him and then knocking his ass out with her bare hands.
With her bare hands.
Then in 2009, she decided to compete in the Miss England competition to destroy stereotypes about women in the military. She didn’t win (she placed runner-up), but still became Miss England after the woman who did got into a fight and gave up the crown. While Miss England, Hodge convinced the people running the competition to ditch the bikini contest, because she felt that it was more important to be a role model than looking good in a bikini.
In 2010, she handed over the crown and returned to military service, being deployed to Afghanistan.
This woman is both a BAMF and a HBIC. Damn.
Over 62k notes. o_O
FYI, these are kitten heels:
Oh my god, this woman is AMAZING.
Anybody who thinks femmes are weak needs to be SCHOOLED.
HEY EVERYBODY have a goddamn piece of this because this defies all the stereotypes
I wanna see her kick ass, specifically sexist pricks
you could kill a man in any of these dresses, and pretty sure no jury would convict you. those are killing-men dresses, that’s what i’m saying
“Stop insisting on clearing your head — clear your fucking heart instead.”
- Charles Bukowski (via wordsthat-speak)
Some of the most powerful pictures of all time
In this African tribe, when someone does something harmful, they take the person to the center of the village where the whole tribe comes and surrounds them.
For two days, they will say to the man all the good things that he has done.
The tribe believes that each human being comes into the world as a good. Each one of us only desiring safety, love, peace and happiness.
But sometimes, in the pursuit of these things, people make mistakes.
The community sees those mistakes as a cry for help.
They unite then to lift him, to reconnect him with his true nature, to remind him who he really is, until he fully remembers the truth of which he had been temporarily disconnected: “I am good.”
NABAJYOTISAIKIA, is a compliment used in South Africa and means: “I respect you, I cherish you. You matter to me.” In response, people say SHIKOBA, which is: “So, I exist for you.”
WHY ISN’T THIS A THING IN ALL CULTURES
During WWII, Irena got permission to work in the Warsaw ghetto, as a Plumbing/Sewer specialist. She had an ulterior motive.
Irena smuggled Jewish infants out in the bottom of the tool box she carried. She also carried a burlap sack in the back of her truck, for larger kids.
Irena kept a dog in the back that she trained to bark when the Nazi soldiers let her in and out of the ghetto. The soldiers, of course, wanted nothing to do with the dog and the barking covered the kids/infants noises.
During her time of doing this, she managed to smuggle out and save 2500 kids/infants. Ultimately, she was caught, however, and the Nazi’s broke both of her legs and arms and beat her severely.
Irena kept a record of the names of all the kids she had smuggled out, In a glass jar that she buried under a tree in her back yard. After the war, she tried to locate any parents that may have survived and tried to reunite the family. Most had been gassed. Those kids she helped got placed into foster family homes or adopted.
In 2007 Irena was up for the Nobel Peace Prize.
She was not selected.
Al Gore won, for a slide show on Global Warming.
the actual fuck